Calais Dermatology Associates is Seeking a Dermatologist!
Are you looking to join a small private Dermatology clinic where we have been treating patients like family for over 40 years? Another great benefit is we invested and upgraded all our computers, phones and systems within the last year. We have been using Modernizing Medicine's EMR now for over 8 years. We recently implemented their new Practice Management system and Inventory Management system, which is now all integrated with our EMR. We have had many new and exciting changes and additions over the last year to ensure our patients are given the best overall experience.
We are looking to add 1, possibly 2, new or experienced Dermatologists to our well-established private practice Dermatology Clinic which is in the heart of Baton Rouge adjacent to Our Lady of the Lake Hospital. We provide each patient with professional, personable care in a comfortable, warm setting. Our whole staff makes every effort to provide this care in a professional, timely manner. Our goal is to treat our patients as we would want to be treated. We appreciate every patient who chooses to entrust us with their skincare needs!
We are very excited to find someone to add to our growing team to serve our ever-expanding patient population.
Evaluating the patients’ skin health condition and analyzing their medical history will comprise your primary day-to-day dermatologist responsibilities. You’ll examine patients and determine dermatological treatments (e.g., medication, non-invasive surgeries). You’ll also monitor and report on treatment progress and refer patients to other specialists if needed.
· Evaluate patients’ skin condition
· Assess and update patients’ medical history
· Keep a record of patients’ symptoms
· Analyze all information regarding skin health conditions
· Prescribe medication
· Inform patients about available treatments
· Monitor the effectiveness of skin treatments
· Trained in Dermatologic Procedures
· Educate patients on preventive skincare
· Refer patients to other specialists if needed
· Attend conferences and seminars to learn about new medical techniques and topics
· Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree; clinical residency or dermatological fellowship required
· Successful completion of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (U.S.M.L.E.)
· Certification by The American Board of Dermatology and licensed to work in state or if just completing Dermatology residency, board eligible.
· Active communication skills and the ability to effectively explain medical terms to patients
· Participation in further medical education and/or professional organization memberships are preferred
· Proficient computer skills
· Strong desire to help people and improve their daily lives
· Compassionate and sensitive to patients' needs and concerns
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or call 225.478.1678 for more information.