Telehealth visits- NOW Available!
Step 1. Download the app “Pocket Patient” 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
Step 2. Use the username, password & URL you were provided when your appointment was made to log in to Pocket Patient.
The URL is: calaisdermatology.com/ema/md
TIP: Do NOT log into your account until it is 5 minutes before your appointment time, or you will be locked out.
Step 3. Once you have logged in, please call the appointment desk at 225.766.5151 so our staff can collect any copays and check you in for your telehealth appointment.
HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS
* DO NOT try to log into your account until it is 5 minutes before your appointment time. The app will not let you log in and therefore be “locked” out of your account.
* Keep your device as stable as possible during the exam, you may need to find a space you can prop your phone up.
* Find a quiet, private and well-lit location for your visit. Remember, you may need to discuss confidential health information with your dermatologist, as well as show the affected area of the skin.
* AVOID being in the car during your visit.
* Plan to be ready about 15 minutes before your appointment.
* Have a list of your current medications and a any skin products you are currently using.
* Have a pen and paper to write down any important information and treatment plans.
* You should begin the appointment dressed but wear loose-fitting clothing that can easily be removed. Your provider may need to see additional areas of skin beyond the spot of concern to help make a diagnosis.
* If your skin condition involves a large portion of the body, you can always wear a robe or use a blanket to cover yourself until the exam begins
Available on Cellphone or Computer (using Chrome or Firefox) with camera